Sports Commission Quick Facts
Mission: To make St. Louis a better place to live, visit, work and play through sports.
Structure: Independent, nonprofit 501(c)(6) organization with affiliated 501 (c)(3) St. Louis Sports Foundation.
Leadership: 80-person board of directors consisting
of regional business, community, and sports leaders.
Funding: Privately funded through the support of corporate partnerships; memberships; revenue from events and fundraisers; and civic grants.
- Bids on, attracts, creates and manages major sporting events for the St. Louis region.
- Promotes sports in St. Louis locally and markets St. Louis nationally as a great sports city and outstanding event host.
- Encourages regional and amateur sports development by serving as a resource for community organizations and projects, and a convener of various sports interests in the area.
- Provides perspective on St. Louis sports issues to media and other audiences.
- Coordinates Youth Programs and Sportsmanship Initiative as part of affiliated St. Louis Sports Foundation.